Once you purchase a vehicle, regardless of the type, you can only expect its value to diminish. How fast it would depreciate depends on a range of factors, foremost of which is improper cleaning and maintenance. If you don’t know how to take care of your vehicle, it will depreciate faster than it should.
How to Preserve Your Car’s Value
Fortunately, there are as many ways to preserve the value of your vehicle as there are causes for its quick depreciation. If you will apply all of them, which is unlikely, your vehicle might last even longer than its presumed lifespan.
Protect areas or surfaces wear and tear
– Some parts of your vehicle deteriorate more quickly than others because they are exposed to more pressure. Everything on the front end, for instance, particularly the windshield and the headlights, is prone to damage caused by wind pressure and possible collision. Therefore, these areas need more protection.
Take your vehicle to a detailing workshop regularly
– If you are too busy to give your vehicle its well-needed bath every so often or if you’re simply not confident in your car washing skills, just head to a professional car detailing business. Just by having a professional perform a basic detail is far better for your vehicle than not being cleaned at all – or you doing it wrong.
Fix dents and scratches the right away
– No matter how careful you are when driving or parking your vehicle, you can’t be certain that it won’t sustain damage. Soon you’ll see its surface covered with dents and scratches. Thankfully, this kind of damage can be fixed, and fixing them right away will prevent them from getting worse or begin to rust.
What is Car Detailing?
Unfortunately, these simple car care tips can only do so much to preserve the value of your vehicle. You will need more than DIY cleaning and repair to keep it looking brand new. An option that you should look at is car detailing. This is a process of thoroughly cleaning, restoring and finishing a vehicle to give it a show-quality polish.
Isn’t regular washing enough, you may ask. Although it’s important that you take your vehicle to the car wash regularly, having it detailed in a professional car detailing shop on the Sunshine Coast such as Clean Getaway can make a whole lot of difference. Not only will it help bring your vehicle back to its pristine self, which means preserving its value, but it will also help deal with damage and stains that regular cleaning and maintenance can hardly address.
Benefits of Car Detailing
To better understand why car detailing is important, we will let you in on some of the great things that can happen to your vehicle after it is detailed and what can happen if you decide to detail it yourself.
– Unlike simple washing, detailing involves a lot of processes, each of which deals with a particular type of dirt or damage. In fact, washing with soap and water is just one of those processes. Your vehicle will be meticulously shampooed and groomed, the trims and console lightly brushed, bugs and tar removed, and all tires rejuvenated. Depending on your chosen package, the interior of your vehicle may be deep cleaned as well. This is the reason why car detailing usually lasts between 4 to 8 hours – it’s not a quick one hour clean..
– Have you ever wondered why your car needs to be cleaned a few times in a week?? That’s because new dirt latches on your vehicle every time you hit the road. In car detailing, the goal is not just to get rid of this excess dirt but also to prevent it from causing serious damage to your car’s paintwork – prevention is better than cure. Part of the process is the application of superior paint protection to provide your car’s exterior surface with the extra shield it needs to preserve its brand new look.
Healthy for the Family
– Does the back of your clothes and pants get dirty whenever you spend time inside your vehicle? That’s probably an indicator of how dirty the car seats are. It would be irresponsible to think that ruining your clothes is just the damage dirty car seats can cause. They may also be carrying harmful bacteria that can infect your family. Car detailing may include deep cleaning all leather and fabric surfaces in your vehicle, sucking away all dirt and even pests and microorganisms that might be lurking in the piles.
Save Money in the Long Run
– Car detailing costs more than regular washing. Its price may range from $200 to over $1000 depending on what type of service package you choose. While this may seem pricey, it may well be worth it if you take into account how long it will make your car last. Meaning, you won’t be needing to purchase a new vehicle any time soon if your car is properly detailed.
Achieve Show Quality
– If there’s one thing that sets detailing apart from other car cleaning methods, it’s the show quality you can produce through it. This is particularly crucial if you are seeking the service to restore used vehicles that you want to sell for a considerably high price or you have some vintage vehicles you want to showcase in a museum or collector’s room.
Indeed, there’s nothing quite like the result of car detailing when it comes to restoring a vehicle’s appearance. If you haven’t tried it yourself to experience the advantages of car detailing, the best time to do so is now. Make certain, however, that you will only trust a reputable service provider so you will get the most value for your money in the end.